Wednesday 9 February 2011

A 2-5-2 Formation

So most men when they read "formations" instantly think of football and how their teams should have played a different way. Well here's a formation I have never experienced before a "2-5-2." Obviously I'm not talking about football, I am rather impressed I know formations exist at all, but this is the extent of my football knowledge, I am in fact talking about the seating arrangement on the plane on our way to the big apple. I've seen " 2-3-2" a "3-4-3" a 3-2" but never a "2-5-2." It's the little things in life that fascinate us eh?
It was whist sitting in my "2-5-2" formation however that myself and friends discovered an attractive American boy travelling home. Instantly taking in every detail of him, we decided upon a whole life story for this boy based upon his clothing. Wearing anti fit Levi light wash jeans, black old school Converse with the laces half undone, American Eagle polo shirt in light grey and a forest green hoody which obviously was Abercrombie and Fitch. From this we instantly chose Ivy League colleges he could be attending, types of sports he played, social crowd he hung out in and music he liked. We have the prefect picture of a "stereotypical American guy" I think I even started to believe everything we were saying.
However when it came to getting off the plane on the other side of the pond the dream was shattered. We heard him speak, definitely not American, somewhere close to Birmingham would be my guess. Never mind kept us entertained for the flight. And it just proved there is nothing like a bit of fashion stereotyping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment